Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Black Angels - Directions to See a Ghost


I have no idea where to even begin in classifying this group. I hear psychedelic influences, Beatles influences, stoner influences, indie influences, rock and dessert...and I'm not exactly sure where they fit in. You definitely cannot pigeon hole this band into any one category.

Interestingly enough, it all fits spectacularly well together. The Black Angels have created an album which I can see myself spinning rather often. They do have other material out that I haven't gotten to hear yet, but if it's anything like "Directions to See a Ghost", I know I'll dig it.

This is a definite recommendation to any psychedelic and stoner fans. Spin this record and just chill out in its ambiance.



Track listing:
01. You On The Run
02. Doves
03. Science Killer
04. Mission District
05. 18 Years
06. Deer-Ree-Shee
07. Never/Ever
08. Vikings
09. You In Color
10. The Return
11. Snake in the Grass

DL