Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jucifer - If Thine Enemy Hunger



Jucifer is one of those bands that people can't classify into any specific genre except heavy. This duo creates heavy, sometimes hypnotizing riffs that are chopped up by moments of clarity and melody. 

Fans of sludge or a lot of music on Relapse will enjoy this. A friend of mine said it had reminded him of L7, but I've never listened to them so I wouldn't know. If you enjoy female vocals and heavy riffs, check this out.

01. She Rides the Deep
02. Centralia
03. Lucky Ones Burn
04. Hennin Hardine
05. Antietam
06. My Benefactor
07. Four Suns
08. Pontius of Palia
09. Backslider
10. Luchamos
11. Ludlow
12. The Plastic Museum
13. In a Family
14. Medicated
15. LED

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said people don't generally classify these bands as any genre but HEAVY yet you tagged them pretty quickly as Sludge...

The Massacre Metal said...

If I don't find a band to fit into any one genre, I usually tag them under a genre that I think the fans of will enjoy. I don't think that Jucifer is straight sludge or anything, but I do feel that fans of sludge and related genres will enjoy them.